What Material Obsession offers you:
• A varied selection of the best teachers available teaching from traditional to contemporary techniques and styles
• A place in a class for the year
• A wide range of make up opportunities in our classes if you miss a class, within the current semester – be sure to contact us well ahead of time if you have planned absences
• Well lit and laid out classroom with large design walls
• Use of sewing machines, shop rulers and cutting mats
• Excellent fabric choices – we are happy for you to bring your stash fabrics or we will guide you in colour choices in class.
• Maximum of 8 students in each class
• Coffee/tea/snacks provided. Our kitchen facilities - fridge, microwave, etc - will be available should you wish to bring lunch with you to class.
What Material Obsession asks of you:
• Payment of fees for each semester in advance. A deposit (equal to one class fee) on the last day of semester is required to secure your place for the following semester.
• The balance of class fees for a semester is due on the first class date of that semester regardless of attendance.
• Payment of class fees is non-refundable unless we cancel the class. If you cannot attend a class and you give us one week’s notice that you cannot attend, we will endeavour to provide a make-up class if a place is available in another class. Make-Up classes must be taken in the same semester as the class that was missed.
• The use of sewing machines is offered for your convenience. Please be sure to bring your own thread and bobbin. If you experience a problem with the machine please see shop staff immediately.
• Material Obsession is a tight space, please apply perfume with care.
Parking – On street parking is available for two hours, all day parking is available in several locations within a few short blocks of the shop (eg. Alexandra Street). Birkenhead Point has 3 hour free parking. Bus services drop you conveniently nearby.