Our classes are all held in the shop. They are limited to 8 people and sold in semesters. We do not teach classes during the summer school holidays. Prices are set at the beginning of the semester based on the number of available dates. Coffee and tea service available in all classes. Our all-day classes include a snack. Due to dietary restrictions we will no longer offer a full lunch
• Payment of fees for each semester in advance. A deposit (equal to one class fee) on the last day of semester is required to secure your place for the following term.
• The balance of class fees for a semester is due on the first class date of that semester regardless of attendance.
• Payment of class fees is non-refundable unless we cancel the class. If you cannot attend a class and you give us one week's notice, every effort will be made to provide a make-up class if a place is available in another class.
• Make-Up classes must be taken in the same semester as the class that was missed.
Kathy is the owner of Material Obsession, a place where quilters can explore creative aspirations, quality products and interesting techniques taught by generous, talented quilters.
She is the author of five books (so far), a fabric designer for FreeSpirit, a Quilt NSW Judge and an international tutor.
Working in the shop for over 16 years has provided a platform of experience that enables creating a space where people feel comfortable being creative.
Follow Kathy on instagram @matobsgirl, Facebook and her blog.
1st Thursday of each month or
2nd Tuesday of each month;
10 – 2 pm, $55 per class.
– This is a class that will work through the pages of my next book, Organic Applique. It is a book loaded with technique for easy applique as well as a detailed conversation about fabric choices, design elements and personal results.
Wendy is a generous and talented artist with a background in teaching and design that she shares freely in her classes.Her days are spent teaching at Material Obsession, around Australia and the world while her nights are for creating new designs!Her popular patterns are loved around the world in staggering numbers.Her specialty is working with wool felt or felted wool and embroidery stitches but her skills extend through all patchwork techniques and all sewing methods including clothes, bags, and cushions.
Wendy is a multi-prize winning quilter, is widely published and has written one book so far, Wild Blooms and Colorful Creatures…a best seller
You can follow Wendy on instagram at @flyingfishkits.
1st Monday of each month or
3rd Monday of each month;
10 – 3 pm, $65 per class.
Explore a variety of patchwork techniques as you expand your skill base throughout the year with Wendy. Work at your own pace on existing projects or start a new one with the prepared lesson for each class. This year Wendy will present a new twist on some of her favourite techniques as well as focus on easy curves!
1st Wednesday of each month, 10am – 3pm, $65 per class,
2nd Thursday of each month, 10am – 3pm, $65 per class,
3rd Thusday of each month, 10am – 1pm, $45 per class,
1st Wednesday evening of each month, 7.30pm – 9.30pm, $35 per class,
3rd Wednesday evening of each month, 7.30pm – 9.30pm, $35 per class
Explore a variety of techniques in a range of techniques including everything from squares, triangles and circles to machine or hand piecing and appliqué to foundation piecing, inset seams and curves.
These classes are suitable for beginners to experienced quilters. This class may include wool applique.
Working With Wool
3rd Wednesday of each month,
10 – 1 pm, $45 per class
Delve into a world of mixed techniques supported with great instruction and lots of ideas for making quilts, cushions and more.